- 1990-1998 Miata (NA)
- Lowering Range: 0.5" to 3.0" Front and 0.2" to 2.8" Rear
- 1999-2005 Miata (NB)
- Lowering Range: 1.3" to 3.9" Front and 0.7" to 3.7" Rear
Specs & Features
- Optional: OEM Replacement top mounts (90-97 NA) and OEM Replacement Strut Mount Kit (99-05 NB) for non Sport Package Miata. We give this as an option, front or rear or both for those customers who can not reuse their OEM mounts. If you can, you do not need to order these.
- Spring Rates: 392 lb Front and 336 lb Rear
- Requires the reuse of OEM Upper Mounts
- Fixed Damper Settings (non adjustable)
- Includes a full set of 4
- 12 Month Warranty
- Genuine TEIN
These TEIN Basis Z Miata Coilovers are the most popular kit we sell for the Miata NA and Miata NB. Gives your Miata a much nicer stance, has the ability to lower a good amount to clean up fender gap and offers much better handling and performance over the tired and worn OEM suspension. The price might be cheap, but TEIN coilovers have a great reputation for performance, quality and longevity!
Note: Image is only a representation of the coilovers. TEIN doesn't have vehicle specific images. Your coilover will be specific to your vehicle. If you have any questions about this kit, please contact us.
STREET BASIS Z is strictly a ride height adjustable kit. This makes it a perfect setup for the daily driver looking for an increase in handling performance without compromising comfort for everyday use. For many of you considering a lowering spring + performance shock absorber combination, the STREET BASIS Z makes even more sense as we select appropriate spring rates and valve our dampers to match. No guesswork on the end-users part in trying to match one brand of springs to another brand of shock absorbers. The added height adjustment feature allows the end-user the ability to adjust ride height to their preference, something that lowering springs lack. Being that most vehicles are slightly unbalanced from left to right sides, that means you can easily adjust the ride height so that each corner is even from their opposing sides.
TEIN coilovers are built from TEIN's direct knowledge of suspension products due to their extensive racing history. TEIN Street Basis Z Coilovers are TEIN's entry-level coilover that gives you all of the benefits of a high-quality height adjustable Coilover at an entry level price.
The TEIN Street Basis Z coilover is designed to provide the feeling of a sports suspension with an aggressive stance. Developed to have a shortened shell case that provides optimum damper stroke at a low vehicle height allowing your car to have a good ride even when low. Ride height is adjustable via the TEIN ZT coated threaded sleeve.
- Steel Construction
- No Sag Springs
- Twin Tube Internal Design
- Powder Coated Damper Body
- Non-welded ZT coated Adjustment Tube
- Full Length Dust Boots (some models re-use OEM dust boots)
- 1-piece Aluminum Spring Seat with Delrin Thrust Washer
Your purchase includes:
- 4 TEIN Coilover Shocks
- 4 TEIN Coilover Springs (no sag version)
- 4 Rubber Bump Stops
- 2 Hook Spanners
- 4 Spring Seats
- 4 Spring Locks
- 4 Dust Covers (some kits reuse stock dust covers)
- 4 Delrin Thrust Washers
- 1 TEIN Sticker Sheet
- 1 Instruction Manual
Includes a one year limited warranty from TEIN when purchased through an authorized dealer such as fitted Visions